We often get asked by clients where they should go for lunch and what to eat, so, this week, we’re sharing our go-to places in and around Soho... hopefully making your life that little bit easier!
M&S Simply Food - https://www.marksandspencerfoodhall.co.uk/foodhall
Address: 55 Tottenham Court Rd, Bloomsbury, London, W1T 2EQ
Address: 173 Oxford St, Soho, London, W1D 2JR
If we had to give one answer to that question to fit everyone, we know what it would be: M&S. For us, M&S wins hands down, because it’s filled with fresh, nutritious and easy meals (as well as being very affordable AND having plenty of veggie, vegan, GF, and NF choices). The range available is really the broadest: from meal deal salads to roast chicken breasts and grilled vegetables; from fresh deli counter goodies to smoked salmon and feta cheese, they’ve got it all.
We can’t recommend it highly enough, and we believe it’s the best place to go to nail those balanced, healthy meals. It’s especially good for those clients working on weight-loss and calorie control, but it really does have something for everyone… We shop there almost every day!
So, trust us and look no further than your local M&S!
Here are some of our top recommendations:
- 4 Roast Chicken Breast Portions, £7
- Nutty Grain & Vegetable Salad with a Soy and Ginger Dressing, and any of the other 2 for £4 salads
- Beautiful Beet & Feta Veggie Pot, £2
- 2 Wild Keta Salmon Fillets, 3 for £10
- Garlic and Parsley King Prawns, 3 for £10
- Calamari Rings, 3 for £10
Fresh Healthy Eating Café - http://freshsoho.com/
Address: 51 Lexington St, Soho, London W1F 9AR
In need of a post-workout protein fix? We’ve got just the place for you! Fresh Healthy Eating Café is located around the corner from Veggie Pret and The Ivy.
Our clients have already been trying these smoothies and they love them!
We recommend the Whey Protein smoothie with banana, apple, acaì and ginger! You can also ask for it with Hemp Protein to make it vegan. Costs: £5.
Pret A Manger - https://www.pret.co.uk/en-gb/our-menu
Address: 182 Wardour St, Soho, London W1F 8FZ
Address: 35 Broadwick St, Soho, London W1F 0DH
An old favourite, but still a good one. Pret A Manger offers a range of good choices. We recommend:
- Pret’s Protein Box: Chargrilled British chicken breast, free-range eggs, sliced avocado, long-stem broccoli, spinach and mixed seeds. Finished off with a punchy ancho chilli dressing. Calories per serving: 376kcal, 21g fat, 6.7g carb, 37.8g protein.
- Sesame Salmon & Black Rice: Roasted salmon coated with sesame seeds paired with black rice. Served with long-stem broccoli, pickled cabbage & carrot salad, edamame beans a pot of zingy green dressing. Calories per serving: 369kcal, 18.8g fat, 24.2g carb, 23.1g protein.
- Tuna Nicoise Salad: A generous portion of pole & line caught tuna and sliced free-range egg. Sweet baby plum tomatoes and a scattering of Kalamata olives. Served with freshly sliced cucumber, red onion, French dressing and a wedge of lemon on a bed of bouncy, fresh salad leaves. Calories per serving: 469kcal, 35.9g fat, 7.3g carb, 26.8g protein.
- Roast Beets, Squash & Feta Veggie Box (veg): Roasted baby beets, roasted butternut squash, diced feta, spinach and a sprinkling of mixed seeds. Served with brown & black rice and a pot of French dressing. Calories per serving: 419kcal, 27.8g fat, 28.3g carb, 11.9g protein.
- Egg & Spinach Protein Pot (snack). Calories per serving: 104kcal, 5.3g fat, 2.4g carb, 11.5g protein.
ITSU - https://www.itsu.com/menu/
Address: 31 Broadwick St, Soho, London W1F 0DG
ITSU offers a load of good options and, again, it’s in a great location for anyone working in Soho:
- Chicken & avo low carb salad: poached British chicken breast, avocado, shredded carrot, fresh mint, mixed leaves, muki beans, spicy sesame dressing & toasted sesame seeds & chilli flakes. Calories per serving: 359kcal, 17.4g fat, 27.2g carb, 21.8g protein.
- Omega-3 poke zero’salad: Omega 3 rich line-caught yellowfin tuna & sashimi grade salmon tartare, zero carb shirataki noodles, mixed leaves, avocado & muki beans with ginger teriyaki dressing ? Calories per serving: 356kcal, 26g fat, 8.2g carb, 19.6g protein.
- Humble warrior (vegan): baked not fried quinoa & sweet potato falafel, nutrient dense avocado, seed & veg salad, sushi rice with low fat green herb dressing ? Calories per serving: 401kcal, 16.4g fat, 48.6g carb, 13.7g protein.
Honi Poke - https://www.honipoke.com/
Address: 82 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 3SP
Build your own “poke bowls” (aka rice bowls) for £7.50. Choices include teriyaki chicken, salmon & avocado, tofu & veg and crab meat & edamame.
For those wondering… "Poke" is originally a Hawaiian dish of raw fish, seaweed and rice or noodles.
So, time to wrap it up! We hope this is useful - and that you enjoy testing out our selection of places to eat and nourish yourselves. And keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks, as we’ve got more nutrition content coming out soon!